The University of Birmingham is delighted to offer the Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship. This award covers the tuition fees for a 1 year taught Masters course in any subject area. The scholarship, which was established in 1985, enables the selected candidates to pursue one-year Masters degree programmes at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. The selected candidates are expected to make contribution to the community of Hong Kong after the completion of their studies.
Eligibility to Apply:
Candidates for this scholarship must fulfill the following requirements:
- have resided in Hong Kong for the seven years preceding 1 October 2015
- be holders of a degree (or expect to obtain a degree before September 2015) from an institution of tertiary education in Hong Kong. Those with Diplomas and other non-degree qualifications from such institutions may be considered for admission to a relevant Postgraduate Program if their qualifications and working experience are acceptable to the University of Birmingham
- have applied by the 31 March 2015 for admission to the University of Birmingham through the normal admissions procedures
- be eligible for admission to their intended course of study (Note: The scholarship award will only be confirmed when the candidate has been offered a place at the University of Birmingham)
- be able to provide evidence satisfactory to the University of an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English
- should not have previously studied in the United Kingdom
- should be able to fund the remaining costs of their studies at Birmingham from other sources
Number of Scholarships:
There is only one scholarship for master’s programme.
Scholarship is awarded for one year.
The University of Birmingham Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarships – one scholarship for one-year Masters programmes. The scholarship is a tuition fee award, worth up to the cost of a laboratory based course which is paid directly to the University of Birmingham.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview which will be held early summer 2015.
How to Apply?
Application forms are available from The SFAA and should be sent by mail.
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2015.
For further information: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/International/students/finance/scholarships/hongkong.aspx