Geneva Law School and Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies offers limited number of scholarships for the 10 month duration of schooling and residency. For those students who are unable to secure their own sources of funding, the MIDS program may be in a position to offer the generous support of select donors through a limited number of scholarships for the ten-month period of residency and schooling. In 2013-2014 ten students were able to secure such a scholarship. After admission, decisions are made by the MIDS admissions committee, qualified scholarship applications are forwarded to our sponsor by priority of their admission ratings. The final scholarship decision is made by the sponsor and communicated to the MIDS admissions office within few weeks.
Study Subject and Level:
Scholarships are provided in the field of International Dispute Settlement. Scholarships are available for students admitted for the MIDS LL.M. program (a student may be eligible for a scholarship specifically conceived for it).
To qualify, the following requirements must be met:
- Demonstrated financial need on the part of candidates as well as their immediate and extended families, employers and any other persons who might otherwise have been able to contribute toward financing their MIDS studies;
- Demonstrated failure to secure loans or scholarships from other available sources, including employers, banks, governments and private providers;
- Coming from a country considered to have a developing economy.
Scholarship Open for:
Applicants coming from a country considered to have a developing economy can apply for the scholarships.
These scholarships cover the total tuition fees as well as CHF 15,000 toward living expenses during the 10 months of the program.
The final scholarship decision is made by the sponsor and communicated to the MIDS admissions office within a few weeks.
How to Apply?
The mode of applying is by email or post. Please submit the following supporting documents, translated into English if necessary (English translations for this purposes do not need to be officially certified):
- Copies of official statements of income of all individuals who contribute to your household finances, including you;
- Official statement from a bank or other savings institution, and/or tax forms, indicating available funds and assets;
- Copies of responses to your other scholarship and/or loan requests, including from employers if applicable.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2014.
For further information: MIDS-Managed Scholarships