The University of Queensland offers scholarships to a student who is studying the MBBS/PhD or MPhil undertaking research in the field of clinical geriatric medicine.
MBBS/PhD or MPhil undertaking research in the field of clinical geriatric medicine.
Study Level: Postgraduate Coursework.
The scholarship is open to students who:
- is either intermitting or has concurrent enrolment in the program degrees of MBBS to undertake a research project as part of the requirement of –
- iconcurrent MBBS/MPhil; or
- ntercalated MBBS/MPhil or MBBS/PhD; and
- is undertaking research into the field of clinical geriatric medicine with preference given to students researching Alzheimer’s disease; and
- does not hold another scholarship that the Head considers to be similar.
Scholarship Open for: Australian, Permanent Residents or NZ citizen.
Scholarship value: $7,000 (approximate)
Terms and conditions:
The recipient may hold the scholarship for 1 year, subject to the recipient continuing to be enrolled in a relevant program.
The scholarship may not be deferred.
The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- academic achievement in the MBBS; and
- feasibility of the proposed project and the tangible benefits that may be expected to accrue from the project; and
- any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the profession of medicine.
How to apply?
Please email all applications for this Scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure your document is in Microsoft Word format and that the document is saved as your name and the name of the Scholarship being applied for.
For example: JanePrize.TheScholarship.
All applications must be received by 4.00 pm on the last working day in July. You will be sent an electronic receipt once your application has been received.
Before you apply:
You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Applications deadline: 31 July 2014
For further information: The A. & J. Gratcheff Memorial Scholarship